5 Foods that Naturally Whiten and Brighten Teeth
Did you know that certain foods naturally cleanse, brighten and defend your mouth against bacteria that can harm your gums and teeth? There are two key factors you should keep in mind when it comes to a white teeth diet: chewing and saliva production.
Choose foods that actively work to clean and protect your teeth and you’ll be eating your way to whiter teeth. Here are five of our favorites:
– Strawberries. Don’t let their cardinal color confuse you– strawberries contain malic acid, an enzyme that cleans your teeth and helps remove surface stains.
– Fiber-rich veggies. Crunchy veggies like celery do wonders for your waistline and your gum line. These fiber-rich foods stimulate saliva, which helps wash away food debris. Try switching up celery with broccoli, carrots or cauliflower– these vegetables deliver the same benefits.
– Dairy. Low-fat milk, cheeses and yogurts are all white-smile superstars. In addition to tooth-strengthening calcium, dairy contains lactic acid. This acid fights decay and shields teeth against harmful bacteria.
– Flaxseed. Flaxseed is rich in Omega-3 fatty acid, the most potent anti-inflammatory nutrient, and foods that reduce inflammation may protect against gum disease. Mix flaxseed into muffins or your morning smoothie.
– Pineapple. Pineapples can help whiten teeth, thanks to an enzyme called bromelain that acts as a natural stain remover. Eating this juicy tropical fruit also increases saliva production, which helps keep plaque from forming.
These fiber-rich foods stimulate saliva, which helps wash away food debris. This acid fights decay and shields teeth against harmful bacteria.
Pineapples can help whiten teeth, thanks to an enzyme called bromelain that acts as a natural stain remover. Do you want more information about nutrition that is good for teeth why not contact us now http://www.nutritionon-line.com.